Sku Mix

If you can only have five of your seven SKUs on shelf with a retailer,
how do you maximize reach?
Is it just about picking the two most popular? 
Not necessarily.

A total of 40% of consumers want to buy your most popular SKU. A total of 30% of consumers want to buy your second most popular SKU. So, if they are both on shelf together, are you reaching 70% of consumers?

These two SKUs, with 40% and 30% appeal individually, collectively appeal to 68% of possible buyers.

These two SKUs, with 40% and 30% appeal individually, collectively appeal to 45% of possible buyers.

We use TURF (Total Unduplicated Reach and Frequency) modeling to examine every possible combination of SKUs (including yours and competitive) and generate a recommended mix that most efficiently reaches the greatest number of consumers. 

We also look beyond Reach to understand the effect of your
SKU mix on Frequency.

This ensures a recommended SKU mix with broad appeal and the potential to fulfil a significant share of requirements.

From frozen meals to patio furniture, from cat food to air fresheners, we have used TURF to help many leading brands optimize their SKU mix.